April 1st is just around the corner, and with the emergence of this goofy holiday comes an amazing opportunity for you to spice up your love life online with some great April Fool’s day messages.
Everyone loves to be flirted with on their dating apps, and sending any of your potential matches a topical and time-sensitive message will make the likelihood of someone responding to you go through the roof.
Not to mention, it’s always fun to receive a flirty and light-hearted message when you’re on a dating app, and it makes people feel more at ease with you when they know that you just want to have fun on a dating app as well.
Some people tend to take dating apps far too seriously, and while the apps can be used for serious purposes and can play a pivotal part in helping people find real and lasting love, that doesn’t mean that people can’t have fun while they’re exploring their options online.
One of the best ways to set a fun-loving and flirtatious tone right off the bat when you’re online dating is to send the right kind of messages to your matches. Many people suffer from performance anxiety once they get into the messaging stage in online dating.
And while it is essential to send a good message that both shows your interest in someone while also starting a conversation that won’t die immediately, you don’t need to put all of the pressure in the world on what messages you decide to send.
Instead, just have fun with it and online dating in general. No one wants to come off as stuffy or too well-mannered on a dating app. Instead, they want their personality to shine through, and they want to make an excellent long-lasting first impression.
If you’re on dating apps during this season, take advantage of the time of year, especially considering April Fool’s Day is coming up. You can have a lot of fun when you include topical humor in your message, and April Fool’s Day is the perfect time to take advantage of all of this.
Instead of sliding into someone’s dating app messages with a simple comment that might be forgotten or overlooked immediately, stand out by being jocular, light-hearted, and funny in your first message. This will set a good tone for the rest of your time on the app and make all of your remarks that follow enjoyable as well.
While there is something to be said about taking advantage of the time you have to explore your matches on your dating app, many people can also benefit from sending a flirty and funny message just in time for April Fool’s Day to kickstart the conversation.
If you’re wondering how to let your humor shine this year in your dating app messages, keep reading!
How to Use April Fool’s Day to Boost Your Matches
It’s no secret that sometimes your inspiration for what kind of messages to send can run dry when you’re on a dating app. There are so many different people that you can message, and it can often feel like you don’t have anything original to say.
Sometimes dating apps can just make you feel as though you’re competing in an uphill battle with so many other people, and it can be disheartening to feel as though you constantly have to keep trying your best to stand out from the crowd.
This dating app message slump is exceptionally natural, and even though the best advice that we can give you will always be to be yourself and be true to what you want to say, it’s also nice to have a bit of inspiration when it comes to what kind of messages you ought to send on dating apps.
Thankfully, when fun holidays, like April Fool’s Day, come along, they give us a nice break from your everyday jabber and provide us with some new inspiration for our messages.
It’s always fun to keep a light and jocular tone when you’re messaging people on a dating app, and everyone wants to be with someone who makes them laugh. That’s one of the many reasons why we suggest you take advantage of this April Fool’s Day and send some hilarious messages to anyone you match with.
Plus, everyone loves a laugh, and when you’re messaging someone on a dating app, a surefire way to stand out from the crowd is by making your matches laugh.
If you’re unsure about what kind of April Fool’s messages you should send to your match to make them laugh, don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. Here are some hilarious April Fool’s texts you need to send to your matches this year.
Best April Fool’s Day Messages to Send Your Dating App Matches
- Hey, I know what today is, but I’d be an absolute fool if I didn’t take a chance and ask you out.
- You’re pretty cute. APRIL FOOLS! You’re drop-dead gorgeous. Can I take you out?
- I need to ask you a very serious question. Will you be my date this April Fool’s Day?
- Are you my laptop? Because you’re really hot and I’m concerned.
- They say to believe nothing and trust no one on April Fool’s Day, but you can believe me when I tell you you’re the most beautiful person on this app.
- Congratulations! You can delete your dating app! You’ve already found your perfect match! (It’s me)
- Did you hear about the guy who swapped labels at the gas station? It was an April Fuels joke.
- I’m not foolin’ around when I tell you that you’re the cutest person I’ve seen on this app.
- What did April Fool’s Day say when it won an award? Prank you!
- Help! I’ve been blinded by your beauty! My insurance company is going to need your number.
- Did you ever hear about the pun that was actually funny? Neither have we.
- Stay away from people with umbrellas today. They might be under the weather.
- Did you hear about the human cannonball? It’s too bad that he got fired.
- Who needs a day dedicated to fools when I’ll be one for you all year long!
- Are you French? Because Eiffel for you.
- I’m researching important dates in history. I think ours will be next Friday, can I take you out?
- If you were a vegetable, you’d be a cute-cumber.
- Are you German? Because I can be Ger-man.
- I think I saw you on Spotify. You were listed as the hottest new single.
- Are you speeding? Because you’ve got ‘fine’ written all over you.
- Are you a real estate agent? No? Dang, because I’m trying to make a move here.
- You want to know who is beautiful? Read the first word of the sentence again.
- Is there a rainbow outside? Because I think I just found a pot of gold.
- You must be a carbon sample because I really want to date you.
- Are you the square root of two? Because I feel irrational around you.
- My grill is broken. Could you look at it? I figure you can help, seeing as you’re a smoke show and all.
- Did you hear about the man who lost the left side of his body? He’s alright now.
- I wish I could take you to the movies, but they have a rule against bringing your own snacks.
- Titanic. There’s my icebreaker. April Fools! No, really.
- Why is everyone exhausted on April 1? Because they just finished a 31-day March.
- I heard that you like bad girls. Well, I’m perfect for you because I’m bad at many things.
- Why can April jump so high? Because it’s Spring!
- Why do eggs like April Fool’s Day? Because they love practical yolks!
- If April showers bring May flowers, what do May flowers bring? Pilgrims.
- What do you call a research organization that meets on April Fool’s Day? A think prank.
- What do you call an overflowing toilet on April Fool’s Day? A septic prank.
How to Naturally Infuse Humor into Your Dating App Messages
If you’ve read this far and you’re not sure if any of these jocular messages will do the trick for you this April Fools, that’s okay.
While puns are an excellent way to break the ice, they are not the only way to start a successful conversation on your dating app by any means. In fact, unless you’re super comfortable with puns and making jokes, we suggest that you go old-school when it comes to messaging your matches on your dating apps and just be yourself.
Odds are, you’re funnier than you think, and you’ll be able to leave a lasting impression no matter what you do.
While an April Fool’s joke here and there won’t hurt, and you are more than welcome to try your hand at some of these hilarious first messages, you should never feel as though you need to in order to find success online.
Humor is one of the best tools people have used to stand out from the crowd and leave a lasting impression on their matches. But you don’t have to use a pre-meditated pun. Instead, just be yourself and take the pressure off of all of this.
This Spring, take the pressure off yourself to perform or stand out from the crowd. Instead, just have fun and let whatever happens to happen. You won’t do anyone any favors by constantly second-guessing your moves and wondering whether or not you should send a message that is way outside of your comfort level.
Many people feel pressure to be overly funny or constantly on the ball when it comes to how they want to act on dating apps. This is entirely understandable because no one wants their profile lost in a sea of other people’s forgettable messages, and everyone wants to stand out and make a great first impression on the apps.
And while it’s good to make people laugh and maybe put yourself out there a bit by taking the bullet and being funny and goofy, that’s not all that you have to bring to the table, and you’re allowed to just be yourself in your messages.
Also, when you lead with only comedy and puns, the question does come up in these cases: how much humor is too much humor? While it’s good to have fun online and make jokes your way into the messaging stage of a dating app, it’s also very wise to remember why you’re on the dating app in the first place.
If you’re just there to have a good time and joke around, then be as silly and non-commital as you want to be. It’s okay to not take everything too seriously and to add some humor into your messages to spice things up a bit and to give everyone a refreshing change of pace.
But if you’re on your dating app and looking for something serious and long-term, you might want to lead in with a question, but then slow your roll a little bit and get back to the basics.
Leading with a joke in the first message you send is a smart way to get your foot in the door, but it’s also intelligent to know when to stop joking and see if you actually like the person you’re messaging.
Humor is a great way to get started off on the right foot when you’re on a dating app, but unless you’re looking for something that is strictly casual, there needs to come a time when you stop the jokes and actually get to know one another.
What to do if You’re Uncomfortable Making Jokes on Dating Apps
Here’s the truth, you don’t have to be funny to get matches or keep someone’s interest when you’re on a dating app. In fact, if being funny or forcing a joke out is the complete opposite of your personality, or you just don’t feel comfortable with it, then you do not have to make a joke to stand out.
While people do want to stand out when they’re on dating apps, and humor is one of the easiest ways to do that, we also want people to feel comfortable with what they’re saying online and how they’re presenting themselves.
If you’re not naturally humorous or quick-witted, or sending messages like that will make you feel pressured or uncomfortable, don’t! One of the best things about dating apps is that there is someone for everyone on the apps, and if you’re uncomfortable with humor, it’s good not to lead under false pretenses. Otherwise, you might end up with someone who is specifically looking for someone who will make them laugh, and that’s not you.
It’s always wise to be yourself when you’re on the apps, even if that means that it might take a little longer for you to find someone. You don’t need to fit into some mold of what other people are looking for or use humor to seem more appealing to anyone on dating apps.
The critical thing to remember is that you’re looking for your love, and if you feel like you have to do something that doesn’t make you feel comfortable or that makes you fit into a certain kind of box, you’re just not going to fit in, then don’t!
This is your journey, and you’re allowed to approach it however you want.
April Fool’s Day is such a fun holiday, and if you’re on a dating app, we suggest that you take advantage of it as much as possible. That might look different for everyone on the app and that’s one of the many advantages you can experience with a dating app.
You’re allowed to be silly and goofy and true to yourself in your own little ways when you’re on a dating app if that’s what makes you comfortable. Humor is a great way to break the ice and break through to someone. If you want to use April Fool’s Day to your advantage, then go in with all the puns and the dad jokes; we love to see that!
Make this April Fool’s Day one of the most memorable ones by leaving your comfort zone and usual dating app messages behind, and instead, choose to send some of the funniest and most entertaining messages that anyone will get this year.
Spring should be about finding love and not stressing about how you’re coming off online or how you’re stacking up compared to the other people on the app. If you get too into your head about all of this and start to second guess yourself, then you’re going to get in your own way and prevent your own success.
It’s always a good idea to make people laugh online, and this is a fantastic opportunity to do so. Have fun with this, flirt a lot, and take advantage of the opportunity you get to message as many people as you’d like and be your silly, goofy self you’re on the apps.
Online dating should be fun, and you’re allowed to make it as enjoyable and light-hearted as you want! Make that your reality this year by sending all the fun and flirty April Fool’s Day messages to all your matches!